5 Reasons why you should Install Coilovers by a Professional Installer
You can always try and install coilovers in your car yourself and without any help whatsoever. Forget hiring a professional installer, you may not even get a friend or family member to lend a hand. In an era of DIY enthusiasts, everything seems to be possible including some rather complicated installations. This is not to imply that coilovers installation is a very complex task. It is also not true that the do it yourself phenomenon has only bloomed in recent years, especially being attributed to self-help and instructional videos online. Long before small and medium scale industries had flourished, people were mostly DIY enthusiasts. They could fix everything in their homes.
The fact remains that it is seriously unwise to try and install coilovers without any prior experience or proven expertise. It is one thing to attend to minor glitches, servicing and maintenance of your car. Coilovers are a completely different ballgame. Here are five reasons why you should install coilovers by a professional installer.
• Whether you are installing coilovers or adjusting them, you need the right set of tools. Some automobile enthusiasts will have all the tools necessary but many people or car owners will not have them handy. Some people may be motivated enough to go to the nearest hardware store to grab some of the tools needed for the job. This does not ensure expertise or even familiarity with the tool. A lot can go wrong in an attempt to get the job done, even before one has been acclimatized with the new tools.
• In many cases, coilovers installation has to be complemented by replacement of bearings and bushings. You will need to replace worn out components that would otherwise impair the installation. While you can go ahead and install new coilovers, the worn out facilitating components will lead to a problem, sooner than later.
• All brands have their respective instructional manuals. Automobile manufacturers have theirs. Coilovers makers have their own guidelines. You have to adhere to these instructions rather stringently. It is quite possible you will find some guidelines confusing or you may not follow them properly. This could lead to serious problems, immediately or in due course of time.
• Measurements and adjustments are two critical components of coilovers installation. Only a professional installer will know how to be impeccably accurate with such calculations and maneuvers.
• Finally, you need your vehicle to be perfectly aligned for the installation to be perfect. Can you assure impeccable alignment of your vehicle at the time of installation?